July 03, 2019
How to Make Bubble Hash
Some of the things you will need:
A large wooden spoon – if you plan to mix by hand; or
A kitchen mixer (For a perfect mix every time, we recommend the Bubble Now machine – gentle mixing is very important for a top quality end product!)
A bucket –the size will vary depending on what gallon size kit you have
Ice and water
|1.Place your bags into your bucket. The first bag to go in is the 25µ bag. It is the smallest micron bag, and often the full melt bag for sativa strains.||2.The second bag, the 45µ bag. This bag produces a very nice grade of herbal extract. When used with certain types of plant material, comes out blonde to white.|
|3.The third bag, 73µ, often called the full melt bag. If your bubble is going to bubble, it’s often found here first.||4.The 120µ bag! Makes a nice grade of bubble.|
|5.The 160µ bag. Sometimes very nice when used with a dominant indica variety with large glands, or it can clean contaminant out of your 120µ and 73µ bags.||6.The 190µ bag. It pulls most of the contaminant out of the final product, and that’s why we use it all the time.|
|7. The final bag, the 220µ work bag. This is the last bag to be placed in your bucket.|
That is the conclusion of part 1, for a seven bag kit. If you have a 3 bag kit or an 8 bag kit, you would just place them in the bucket in the same order – from smallest micron size to largest.
Ok, now that we have added the last bag, it is time to put our water in the bucket.
- Add your dry or frozen plant trimmings.
- Add enough ice to almost fill your bucket to the top.
- Stir your mix for 15 to 20 minutes, adding ice if necessary to keep the water cold. A 50/50 mix of ice and water is ideal.
- Pull out your Bubble Bags one by one, draining them into the bucket.
- Once you have cleared most of the contaminants from the mixture in the first two bags, you will start to have Bubble Hash collecting on your bags.
- Once drained, you can fold each bag at the bottom to allow all of the hash to pile up. Scrape off the hash with a cold spoon. Keep them separate and label the size of the micron screen.
- Gently press the excess moisture out of your herbal extract using your pressing screen and a dish towel.
- Allow drying overnight near a dehumidifier.